As of July 3, 2023, the following quarterbacks are the top five favorites to win MVP at DraftKings Ohio:
- Patrick Mahomes (+700)
- Joe Burrow (+750)
- Josh Allen (+800)
- Jalen Hurts (+800)
- Lamar Jackson (+1200)
Burrow is one of the most intriguing candidates on this list. He had a breakout season in 2021, leading Cincinnati to their first Super Bowl appearance since 1988. He slung it for 4,611 yards and 34 touchdowns that season and was named the 2021 AFC Offensive Player of the Year.
The Bengals QB is entering his fourth season in the NFL and is coming off a 2022 season
where he threw for 4475 yards and a career-best 35 TD passes. The Bengals have a strong receiving corps, led by Ja’Marr Chase, Tyler Boyd, and Tee Higgins, and a solid running game, led by Joe Mixon.
These stats 🤯
Here are the most improbable completions of the 2022 season. pic.twitter.com/kCiFmBYCAy
— Cincinnati Bengals (@Bengals) July 3, 2023
If Burrow can stay healthy and continue to improve, he has a good chance of winning MVP in 2023. He will need to lead the Bengals to a winning record and reach the playoffs, but he has the talent and a strong supporting cast to do just that.
- Patrick Mahomes is the clear favorite to win MVP in 2023. He is one of the most talented quarterbacks in the NFL and has the weapons around him to put up big numbers. The Chiefs are also expected to be one of the top teams in the AFC, which will only help Mahomes’ chances of winning MVP.
- Josh Allen is a proven quarterback who has shown he can make big numbers. He is also coming off a season in which he led the Bills to the Divisional Round of the AFC Playoffs before falling to Burrow and Cincinnati.
- Jalen Hurts is a dual-threat quarterback who could be a dark horse candidate for MVP in 2023. He showed much promise in his second season with the Eagles, leading them to Super Bowl LVII and will only get better. The Eagles are also expected to be a playoff team in 2023, and if they do, it’s mainly because Hurts has had a monster regular season.
- Lamar Jackson is a dynamic quarterback who can change the game with his legs or his arm. He is also coming off a season where he led the Ravens to the playoffs. Baltimore has loaded up at the wide receiver position, and the added depth should see more robust passing numbers from Jackson than in seasons past.
Here are some other factors that could help Burrow win MVP in 2023:
- The Bengals’ defense continues making strides. Last season they surrendered the sixth-fewest points in the league. If this trend continues, and it should, then Burrow will have the ball in his hands more often, which could lead to some gaudy numbers.
- Burrow takes his game to the next level. Burrow showed much promise in his first three seasons but still has room to improve. Burrow completed the second-most passes while tossing only a dozen interceptions–both are improvements over his 2022 season.
- Chase is the second-favorite (+1000) behind Minnesota Vikings wideout Justin Jefferson to win the 2023 NFL Outstanding Offensive Player Award. The oddsmakers and betting public expect big numbers from Chase, and if Chase is to win, then that would also mean Burrow had a strong season.
- The Bengals’ offensive line needs to improve. Burrow was sacked 41 times last season and 124 times over his first three seasons. Pro Football Focus (PFF) has the O-Line ranked 17th in the league, and an upright Burrow is a successful Burrow.
Is Burrow a Good Bet to Win the 2023 NFL MVP Award?
Yes, Joe Burrow is a good bet at +750 (DraftKings) to win the 2023 NFL MVP Award.
Of course, there are no guarantees that Burrow will win the MVP in 2023. There are many talented quarterbacks in the NFL, and it will be a competitive race. However, Burrow has the potential to be the best quarterback in the league, and he has a good chance of winning MVP if he can stay healthy and improve.
Burrow has all sorts of weapons at his disposal. Chase is the big gun, but he also has Higgins, Boyd, and newly acquired TE Irv Smith Jr., who had solid seasons with the Minnesota Vikings. This WR room is loaded with talent, and if more than one of those guys goes off, Burrow will be your winner.
The offensive line has failed to protect Burrow throughout his first three seasons in the league. Still, Burrow put up MVP-like numbers anyway, and a shaky O-Line doesn’t seem to keep Burrow and his crew from making plays and putting up huge offensive numbers.
Finally, there won’t likely be a better price than +750 for Burrow. The Bengals’ signal-caller has stiff competition, but he leads an offense that could end the regular season as the best in the league.
Cincinnati fell one game short of reaching its second-consecutive Super Bowl last season, and they will be hungry. If the O-Line can protect the Bengals’ greatest asset, Burrow will put up video game numbers.
The O-Line came together at the end of the regular season, and if they continue to improve, and I believe they can, then Burrow should be in line for a huge season.
For more Ohio sports betting news and updates, keep checking us out at OH Betting.